Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy 2008!


Well, on this first day of 2008 (gulp) I reckon I am not the only one lamenting the fact that years seem to go by like weeks these days--a reality that's more glaringly obvious than ever since Harper joined us. She adds a new feature to her repertoire almost daily now. Some things are less noticeable to the layman, like how her hair seems to grow a remarkable amount overnight. Others are much bigger, like how she now adds "mommy" or "daddy" to her sentences. As in, "thank you, Mommy." She actually thanked me for putting diaper cream on her bottom last week, which was such an unexpectedly sweet moment that I had to fight back tears as I said, "you're welcome, Harper."

So, in an effort to keep all of our Harpertown followers a little more up-to-date on her warp- speed blossoming, we've updated Harpertown a bit for 2008. Please note the newly added "Loves" and "Snubs" feature on the right side of the page and the addition of Evelyn Nugent and Gus O'Brien's blog links. Welcome Evelyn and Gus! We're so glad you're here. We look forward to watching you two grow up with Harper Mae the same way we grew up with your folks. Wow.

Here's to an incredibly happy and peaceful 2008 everyone!

5 comments:

the Pipers of Warren said...

well - you guys just gave me my favorite moment of 2008 thus far. Thank you.

And happy new year.

Any resolutions?

Harper said...

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I have two things I would like to do better this year. 1) Blog more and 2) Remember to take my canvas bags to the grocery store so I don't have to use the hideous plastic ones.

What about you?

Anonymous said...

Sweet new blog. Love the new and improved. Happy New Year to you all. xo Nonnie

Bug and Bit said...

I love her. And miss her. When is good for us to visit Harpertown?

the Pipers of Warren said...

So, your new year resolutions made me finally go and buy the grocery store totes that I have not invested in before...no more plastic bags in this house. Nice one.

Also, I am all about you guys blogging more. Seriously. Much more.