Wednesday, April 09, 2008

School update

I am so pleased to report that Harper is absolutely loving her new school this week! We've had four consecutive drop-offs without any tears.

The first two weeks were so rough I was concerned that her teachers were going to think she was just a miserable little gal, which would inevitably result in her getting less attention and then blaming me for the rest of her life for how miserable her childhood was. (I am only slightly exaggerating how far I went with this in my head.) Anyway, it's all moot now because her lovely new director, Karen, has taken such a shine to Harper and vice-versa that when I picked her up this evening Harper was hanging out with Karen as her "special office helper." Harper was in charge of such chores as helping to lock the filing cabinet and putting the cordless phone on to its cradle. Needless to say, Harper was absolutely loving her new found responsibilities, and I breathed a heavy sigh of relief that they too have discovered her boundless charm.

P.S. Daddy, we miss you.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

the Pipers of Warren said...

Hurray for Harper. Unsurprising that she adapted and that her charms were discovered, but HURRAY nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Such peace abounds when one's child is safe and peaceful. No matter the age. xoxoxo Nonnie

Katy said...

Buster's flowing locks look like they belong on a pert plus commercial.

I'm so glad to hear that she's enjoying her new digs. I hope y'all are well. Love to you all!