Monday, May 07, 2007

Parrrttyy!

Harper's first birthday party was a smash! She was an absolute delight, greeting her hordes of grandparents, her great-grandmother, her various aunts, uncles, cousins and friends with smiles and pure sweetness.

She loved her first Happy Birthday song, she loved having a house full of loving and familiar faces, she loved balloons, she loved presents, and she loved her fabulous birthday outfit, but she wasn't so crazy about the much-anticipated first bite of cake. In fact, she hated it. Please see below.

Well, let me see, this has paper which is extraordinarily fun to eat...




Mom seems to like it pretty well...

OMG! I don't like it! I don't like it at all! I think I hate it!


Regardless, Harper had a beautiful day full of most the people she loves in the world. Thank you to everyone who traveled so far to be with us. Happy Birthday little Harper Mae. Cake will taste better when you're two.

5 comments:

Meghan Henley said...

What a day she had! Who would have thought she would hate cupcakes??? bizarre.
We had a blast! Thanks again for having us!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe a picture story of this calibre one only gets one comment. We must be missing our demographic. Maybe we'll start blogging about thimble-collecting or politics or something.
--Harper's Dad

Anonymous said...

It isn't a bad thing that she hates cupcakes!
The good thing is I loved, loved, loved being with you all, the bad thing is I miss you so much now! Harper is so adorable, I would almost consider traveling by air to visit her. In the meantime, I'll be happy to meet you half way if you'll let her visit.
Love you all, and thanks again for the great party.
SC Family

Anonymous said...

This is a great picture story and it was even more fun witnessing it. What a sweet family you have. I'm sure she will like cake better when she is two. Love you.

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth - George had a similar first reaction to his 1st Birthday cupcake...however, after the initial shock of sugar, his eyes glazed over a bit and it was obvious he was hooked. Now he asks for KHAHCK!(cake) every day.