Monday, May 14, 2007

Some things you might like to know about Harper

Some things you might like to know about Harper.

1) She is seriously on the move. She learned to walk and never looked back. I swear she walks with the skill of an upright monkey, and I am not kidding. See action shot below.


2) She is extremely social. Just tonight we went to the grocery store and she had so much fun "talking" to the sushi chef at the deli counter I thought we were going to have to ask him over for dinner. It started with a rather frantic wave that once reciprocated became a very lengthy "conversation" that involved a lot of blowing kisses, smiles and questions like, "dubai, dubai, dada, mammmmaa, aamma, alo?"


3) She is going through a phase where she exclusively enjoys the book, Good Night Moon.
Let me explain how it goes down. Part of our evening ritual is reading a few books before bedtime. I stack up several of her past favorites like, The Pajama Book and My First Book of Sushi and she immediately pushes them out of the way and picks up Good Night Moon strongly (and sweetly) insisting that I read it three times instead of reading three books. It's no joke. The girl loves her Good Night Moon.

4) She's so much fun we can hardly make her go to bed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this great blog. She is so much fun I already am longing for her and I just saw her yesterday. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I really think you and buster should give up your day jobs and write for a living. It is a pleasure always to read what you guys write. By the way, you could live here and I will feed you. Just a thought.

Bug and Bit said...

She is just so wonderful. Cannot wait to see her again!

P.S. Is that Kaiser?

Carol & Mac said...

She is absolutely adorable. That wrinkle on her nose when she laughs just cracks me up. She's just to smart to crawl....realizing walking can get her where she wants much quicker. The 3 of you guys are a wonder to be around.........all so very sweet.

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell you how much I miss that little cupcake hating, Good Night Moon loving, upright monkey walking bundle of joy! She is too precious for words.
SC Fam.

Anonymous said...

Another blog, please.