Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Five Years Old

It's almost more than I can comprehend. Harper is going to be five-years-old on Monday. I distinctly remember Buster and I listening to Loudon Wainwright's tribute to his young daughter, "Five Year's Old" when Harper was little and thinking - thank goodness that is YEARS away....five seems so grown up that it makes my heart hurt.

There was certainly no way for us to predict that it would go so very, very quickly. Sure, the day in and day out of child-rearing can be monotonous, and I suppose that's why it's more than a little shocking to realize that the cumulative result of that day-to-day is time evaporation. Poof...here we are.

She's so amazing. She crosses her legs like a little lady now. She's got a very keen (and unique) sense of fashion. She sometimes speaks with a British accent. She's thoughtful, caring, imaginative and inspiring. She starts kindergarten in the Fall. She's our big girl now. She's five years old. Sniff sniff.

We'll be celebrating on Saturday with an Alice in Wonderland themed birthday bash at FairyTales. I promise to post pictures after.

No comments: